The well-reputed Mahatma Basweshwar Education Society, Latur is the parent body of several educational institutions including Mahatma Basweshwar Mahavidyalaya, Latur which was established in 1970. Mahatma Basweshwar Mahavidyalaya imparts instruction to nearby 4000 undergraduate and post-graduate students in Arts ,Science,Commerce,Social Work and Computer Science with the aim of beginning the intellectual awakening and transformation in educational,economical, social and cultural fields of Marathwada. It has a big campus with four multi-storeyed buildings, a playgound, very well-equipped laboratories and a library having a collection over one lakh books and journals.
Mahatma Basweshwar Mahavidyalaya is one of the leading colleges in Marathwada region of Maharashtra State. It is a college with a difference as well.
The salient features of our college are :-
- 'Build Quality Consciousness' amongst students, teachers and non-teaching staff.
- Innovative and creative approach in education.
- Inter-disciplinary approach.
- Transparency in examination and monetary transaction class.
- Commitment to rural sector and downtrodden.
- Selection of staff is made purely on merit basis.
- Overall personality development of the students.
The college has developed a necessary infrastructure of a huge dimension with spacious classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, separate hostel for the needy boys, ladies common room, tiffin room, auditorium, computer centre, a big playground, a library building with two reading rooms and separate buildings for Arts, Administration, Library, Science, M.C.V.C. and Social Work faculty .